Friday, November 2, 2012

Rescue Review: Golden Beginnings

Hey there rescuers! How is your Friday going? Today we're going to try something new with a rescue review. I interviewed golden retriever pet parent Lisa F., a Golden Retriever pet parent about her experience adopting from Golden Beginnings Golden Retriever Rescue.

You can check out their rescue page here:
http://www.gbgrr.org/

And you can check out our interview right here!:

CR: When, and why, did you decide you want to adopt a dog?
     -L:We adopted in January 2009. I have loved big dogs and always wanted one to go with me on walks, play with me, be a companion, and a watch dog when I was home alone.

CR: Was getting a Golden Retriever, specifically, important to you?
     -L: I knew they were good family dogs and I think they are by far one of the most beautiful breeds.

CR: Why did you decide to adopt a dog from a rescue instead of buying a new puppy from a breeder?
     -L: It is just the right thing to do. I also did not want to housebreak or go through teething with a puppy.

CR: What made Golden Beginnings the rescue you chose?
     -L: They had the dogs and a good reputation! I did a search and their site was the most assuring.

CR: What steps did you have to go through to adopt your dog?
     -L: More than to adopt a human I am sure. I filled out a personal history to show I had the financial means to take care of her. I also had to present vet records for other animals in the household.

CR: Did they match you with your dog, or did you pick her out?
     -L: It was a bit of both. You can inquire about specific dogs posted but they email you with "good fit" profiles and alert you when the dog you want is available.

CR: What was the first month with your dog like?
     -L: Funny, she is one goofy dog with a big personality. She was very excitable but calmed down a bit.

CR: What is life with your dog like now?
     -L: Great; she is my best friend.

CR: Would you rescue a dog again?
     -L: Yes.

CR: Would you use this rescue again?
     -L: Yes.

Source:
Lisa F., interview, October 31st 2012

1 comment:

  1. This past weekend my friends and I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival. There was a woman who had a rescue falcon. Her and her husband took it home after they saw it swoop into a car. Here's a picture the majestic falcon.

    http://bit.ly/10I6F2f

    ReplyDelete